First, we apologize for our fault to post those fake news about the Sonic plot and the confirmation that it would be 2D, gameplay-wise. However, we go on with our own new facts: SEGA is launching SONIC UNLEASHED with a HUGE production budget and it seems not only SONIC TEAM is involved but a very huge part of SEGA’s developer teams including those from Japan, the US and, apparently for the first time, even Europe. There seems to be one clear mission: Rebuild the Sonic brand and prove it could work in 3D environments.
More from SEGA ON...
The following is fact:
1. All assets leaked over the weekend belong to one game: Sonic Unleashed.
2. All assets could be found on SEGA’s FTP, but everything’s got deleted as of now.
3. SEGA plans to show Unleashed at some Gamer’s Day event in May.
4. Unleashed is currently scheduled for a worldwide release in November, right for Christmas.
5. The original screens are very high-res and show no indication of “Photoshopping”.
6. As you can see, Unleash will take place in 3D environments.
This is speculation:
1. There is no info about the plot and the actual gameplay. A press info that appeared on the net came to life in some Sonic Fanboy’s mind.
2. The platforms for Unleashed are currently unknown, but it is expected to launch on all three platforms.
3. A possible confirmation by SEGA towards SEGA ON is also pure speculation.
Gee, what fanboy are they referring to?
Labels: sonic unleashed